You are here:
We are researching how cells process information about extra- and intracellular cues through the intra-cellular signalling and gene-regulatory networks. We mainly focus on pro-proliferative signalling pathways, where we aim to understand what design principles govern reliable information transfer and gene regulation and how oncogenic mutations change the properties of the signalling pathways. In particular we are interested how feedbacks within the signalling network may counteract drug action.
We are an interdisciplinary team of experimentalists and theoreticians and utilise mathematical models and theoretical concepts in order to analyse large- and medium-scale datasets on signalling and gene expression – a research approach which is known as systems biology.
If you are interested in our research area (e.g. for a internship, PhD or Postdoc position) please contact: nils.bluethgen(at)charite.de
- SFB 618 (DFG)– Modelling of signalling cascades – the impact of the RAS pathway on transcriptional targets
- FORSYS Partner programme (BMBF, young investigator scheme) – Adaptation mechanisms in MAPK signalling
- ColoNet (BMBF)– mathematical model of signal transduction in colorectal cancer
- CancerSys (EU/FP7)– muldi-scale model for two major signalling pathways involved in the formation of hepatocellular carcinoma
- Authors:Blüthgen, N., Legewie, S., Kielbasa, S. M., Schramme, A., Tchernitsa, O., Keil, J., Solf, A., Vingron, M., Schäfer, R., Herzel, H. & Sers, C
Journal:FEBS J Year:2009; Volume:276Issue:(4):Pages:1024-1035.
Title:A systems biological approach suggests that transcriptional feedback regulation by dual-specificity phosphatase 6 shapes extracellular signal-related kinase activity in RAS-transformed fibroblasts
- Authors:Legewie, S., Herzel, H., Westerhoff, H. V. & Blüthgen, NJournal:Mol Syst Biol Year:2008; Volume:4:Pages:190.
- Authors:Blüthgen, N. & Legewie, SJournal:Essays Biochem Year:2008; Volume:45:Pages:95-107.
- Authors:Mrowka, R., Steege, A., Kaps, C., Herzel, H., Thiele, B. J., Persson, P. B. & Blüthgen, N
Journal:Nucleic Acids Res Year:2007; Volume:35Issue:(15):Pages:5120-9.
Title:Dissecting the action of an evolutionary conserved non-coding region on renin promoter activity
- Authors:Bandapalli, O. R., Geheeb, M., Kobelt, D., Kuehnle, K., Elezkurtaj, S., Herrmann, J., Gressner, A. M., Weiskirchen, R., Beule, D., Blüthgen, N., Herzel, H., Franke, C. & Brand, K
Journal:Int J Cancer Year:2006; Volume:118Issue:(1):Pages:74-89.
Title:Global analysis of host tissue gene expression in the invasive front of colorectal liver metastases